Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal was established on June 18, 1953, when the parish was canonically erected. However, the origin of the parish can be traced back to 1943, when the bishop instructed the Missionary Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (MCCD) to organize a mission to Meadowlands. The Diocese formed the MCCD to bring religious instruction to Catholics living in small, isolated communities who lacked access to an existing church. A priest from the MCCD organized a Sunday School class in February of 1944. The first Mass of the new mission was celebrated on April 16, 1944, in the Crystal Theater. The parish used the theater for five years until a church could be built.
Ground for the church was broken on September 2, 1948, and the cornerstone was laid on November 14, 1948. The first Mass in the new building was celebrated on June 12, 1949, in the new completed church auditorium. The first Mass in the church took place on Christmas of 1949. The building was formally dedicated on September 3, 1950.
In June of 1953, the parish was formed and a resident pastor assigned. The church was renovated in the 1970s. We are part of the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh.